Reconstruct supports three models of 360 cameras, as shown in the table below.
* Normal walking speed is 275 ft/min.
Overall, we recommend using the Insta360 One R due its higher resolution, superior image quality, and internal stabilizations. This camera can generate decent quality point clouds without using a stabilizer, however the best results can be obtained by using Insta360 One R and a stabilizer. Garmin Virb and Ricoh Theta V can also be used. In this case, users must walk slower and use a stabilizer.
Lighting is one of the most important factors in 360 video captures. Generally, it is not recommended to perform captures in low-light conditions. However, if captures must be made under low-light conditions, external lighting should be used. Among the supported camera models, Insta360 One R have the best low light performance.
In all cases, we highly recommend purchasing a 360 stabilizer (e.g. Feiyu Tech G6 Plus Gimbal) to use with the camera. Stabilizers are very useful in eliminating motion blur that results from walking or turning during the capture.
- Large capacity micro SD card to use with any of the above cameras. We recommend 128 GB or higher.
- Selfie stick/monopod in case you need to hold the camera at a higher elevation than you can reach with your hand.
- Extra batteries for the camera and stabilizer
- External lighting panels or lanterns: