Reconstruct is a powerful cloud-based software for managing construction projects. It comes in two different configurations: 2D3D Map and Visual Command Center. Each of these two configurations supports multiple workflows that can help make your construction project more efficient by saving time and money. You can also use Reconstruct to improve the safety and quality of your project.
- 2D3D RMap
- Visual Command Center
- 2D Documentation: capturing 360 images and placing them on 2D drawings
- 3D Mapping: maintaining a 3D historical record of your project
- Quality Control: comparing reality with BIM and using Pins tool to track issues
- Progress Tracking: updating the status of your project using Reporter app
- Progress Visualization: link BIM and schedule to visualize the construction process
This product mainly targets projects that need to document the construction process and control construction quality but not necessarily track the project progress. This product supports three workflows.
The 2D Documentation Workflow enables users to:
- Capture 360 images and place them on 2D drawings using Reconstruct Capture App
- Compare 360 images of the same location across multiple dates
- Use Pins, Markup, and Snapshot tools in Reconstruct to visually drive coordination among project participants (Owner, GC, Subs, etc.)
The 3D Mapping Workflow enables users to:
- Document the existing conditions of the construction site by generating point clouds and reality models from drone images or 360 videos
- Use Reconstruct Capture App to capture 360 videos and images of the construction site and place them on PDF drawings
- Repeat that documentation process over the project duration to create a historical record of the changes in the project
- Perform measurements on the generated reality models
- Use Pins, Viewpoints, Markup, and Snapshot tools in Reconstruct to visually drive coordination among project participants (Owner, GC, Subs, etc.)
The Quality Control Workflow enables users to:
- Perform measurements on BIM and reality
- Upload design models in PDF or BIM formats and then compare them to reality models to perform QA/QC
- Use Pins, Viewpoints, Markup, and Snapshot tools in Reconstruct to highlight identified quality issues and keep track of their progress
Visual Command Center
This product supports the two workflows in 2D3D Map in addition to a dedicated schedule interface and a mobile app that supports two additional workflows.
The Progress Tracking Workflow enables users to:
- View the schedule from anywhere
- Breakdown master schedule activities into sub-tasks to generate lookahead schedules
- Update the status of all activities in the master schedule and lookahead using Reconstruct Reporter App
- Capture images, comments, and rootcauses for delay for each activity in the schedule
- Generate dynamic reports to summarize project progress
The Progress Visualization Workflow enables users to:
- Establish a link between BIM and Schedule to visualize the construction process
- Visualize construction sequence (Plan)
- Visualize project progress (Status) by color-coding BIM elements
- Visualize trade locations
Which workflow is right for your project?
That is a really good question, and the answer is that it depends on two things:
- What information do you have (or can capture)?
- What are the expected outcomes (benefits) that you are looking for?
Depending on how you answer these two questions, you can use the diagrams above to decide which workflow will be the best for you project.