Link BIM Elements to a Schedule Activity
- After selecting the desired BIM elements, it is suggested that you save the selected elements to the BIM Search Tool first before linking it to the schedule. If there are changes for what needs to be linked, you can return to the saved set, edit the selection, and save it again.
- Once the set is saved, select the saved set. Click on the corresponding schedule activity so it turns yellow. Right-click on the same activity and select "Assign BIM Elements (#)". The number in parenthesis indicates the number of individual elements selected.
Edit Elements in a Schedule Activity
There are two ways to add elements to a schedule activity:
- Select the elements that need to be added in the viewer, click and then right-click on the activity, and select "Assign BIM Elements (#)". The elements count value will add the number of new elements to the number of existing elements.
- Click and then right-click on the activity and select "Edit BIM Elements". Select the elements that need to be added and save the edits. Note: the "Edit BIM Elements" tool doesn't work in deselecting elements, which is why saving the elements to a set in the BIM Search Tool is recommended.
To remove elements from the activity, you must clear the elements from the activity by selecting "Clear BIM Elements" in the activity options and start over without the desired elements.
Show, Hide, Isolate, and Focus Linked Elements
To directly refer to the elements currently linked, mouse over "Elements" in the activity options and select either show, hide, isolate, or focus.
- The show and the hide tool select and hide the elements linked respectively.
- The isolate tool hides all the elements except for the ones selected.
- The focus tool selects and zooms in on the elements selected.
The isolate and focus tools are useful for referring to elements with many surrounding elements, such as in the foundation or the structural framing.
Link Elements to BIM Visualization Modes
- Before linking the elements, right-click the column headers and select "Company", "Plan Viz", and "Start Date". The following information is helpful for monitoring and troubleshooting the BIM visualization creation.
- To link elements to the Trade Locations Visualization Mode, mouse over "Set Organization" in the activity options and select the organization.
- To link elements to the Plan Visualization Mode, mouse over "Set Plan Viz Mode" in the activity options and select the type of work.
- Find a date between the planned start date and planned finish date of the activity on the 4D BIM timeline to check the visualization in the viewer.