Videos captured by the Insta360 One X are natively recorded on the camera in the *.INSV format. This format is saved as two separate files for each video. After you finish the recording you have to convert these files to the *.MP4 format before uploading it to Reconstruct.
Convert on the Cloud (Beta)
Reconstruct supports converting *.INSV videos to MP4 on the cloud. All you need to do is upload the both INSV files for each of your video captures to Reconstruct. Once both files are uploaded, the system will automatically start the stitching process and produce MP4 video.
This feature is currently in Beta. So, please note the following:
- Both INSV files of each video must be uploaded together in the same upload session. For example, if you drag both files to the video tab in Reconstruct together, they will stitch. However, if you upload one INSV file in one session, and then upload the other file in a different session, the system will not recognize that these two files are for the same video.
- The system will only do the stitching automatically to create an MP4 video out of your INSV files. It will not automatically start a point cloud process for you. So, you should upload the INSV files, then login later to start processing your videos into point clouds.
Steps to convert *.INSV files to *.MP4:
- Download the *.INSV files from your camera to a known folder on your computer. This could be done by connecting the camera to the computer via cable, or by removing the SD card from the camera, and using a card reader to copy the data to your computer.
- Start the Insta360 Studio software on your computer. If you don't have it installed on your computer yet, please visit https://www.insta360.com/download/insta360-oner to download it and install it on your computer.
- Once you install the software, make sure that you adjust the settings to uncheck the "Enable CUDA Acceleration on Windows" option. If you leave this option checked, your MP4 videos might get exported with only green screen instead of the video data
- Drag and drop the *.INSV files to the left hand side panel in the software under "Footages", and wait until the videos appear there.
- Double click on one of the videos to enable it, then click on File>Export to export it. If you wan to stitch multiple videos, you can use the "Batch Export" option in the file menu.
- In the box that will show, select the destination of the MP4 files (where you want the output to be saved on your computer)
- Click OK
- Wait for the software to finish converting the videos. This process typically takes 2-3 times the duration of the video depending on the capabilities of your computer.
- Once the conversion process is complete, you should upload the video to reconstruct.