You can connect your Autodesk BIM 360 project with the appropriate Reconstruct project to be able to exchange files between BIM 360 Document Management and the Reconstruct Data Manager.
To do so, you need valid login for your Autodesk BIM 360 project as well as to your Reconstruct project. Please make sure that you have the appropriate access rights for the data in Autodesk BIM 360 Document Management. Either, you have to be admin for the BIM 360 Document Management application or, if you have Member access, ensure that you have at least "View + Download" rights for the files / folders that you want to import into Reconstruct.
BIM 360 Admins have to add the "Reconstruct App" in BIM 360 to “My Apps” in BIM 360 Account Administration under the “Apps” tab.
The integration can be established following these steps:
- Find Reconstruct app in BIM 360 app store. Navigate to the Autodesk app store for BIM 360 (https://apps.autodesk.com/BIM360/en/Home/Index) and look for the Reconstruct app (https://apps.autodesk.com/BIM360/en/Detail/Index?id=3882528618377987298&appLang=en&os=Web)
- Install. To enable an integration between Autodesk BIM 360 and Reconstruct, install this app by clicking on Open Link on the Reconstruct app page.
- Ensure that the “Reconstruct App” then appears in “My Apps” (BIM 360 Account Admin -> Apps).
In Reconstruct, you need to be either Administrator or Power User for the project.
Once installed to your BIM 360 account, you can now connect your accounts and projects following these steps:
- Connect your accounts. In Reconstruct, navigate to Edit User Profile that you access through the dropdown associated with your username in the upper right corner.
- Click on the "Connect my account to Autodesk BIM 360" button.
- Login. Provide your Autodesk BIM 360 username and password.
You will be directed back to the main page (Project Home) in Reconstruct. Your Autodesk BIM 360 account is now connected to your Reconstruct account.
Next, you have to connect your Reconstruct project to your Autodesk BIM 360 project:
- On the main Reconstruct page (Project home), select to access the Edit Project Info for the project that you wish to connect to your Autodesk BIM 360 project.
- Select project. On the bottom left of your Edit Project dialog, you will see an option to Connect integration projects. Open the drop down and select the appropriate project.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on Save on the Edit Project dialog.
Your Autodesk BIM 360 project is now connected to your Reconstruct project.
File transfer from BIM 360 to Reconstruct
In the Reconstruct Data Manager, you can now access all the files associated to the Autodesk BIM 360 project for which you have appropriate access rights.
- On the bottom left of the Data Manager, you will see a BIM 360 Docs icon, click on it to see the Project Files and Plans
- You can expand either the Project Files or the Plans, select one file and click on Upload To on the upper right corner
- An interface shows you to which tab in the Data Manager the selected file will be uploaded to. E.g. a RVT file will be uploaded to the BIM tab, a PTS file will be uploaded to the Point Cloud tab
- Select the highlighted destination tab and the upload is started
File transfer from Reconstruct to BIM 360
- Go to any tab in the Reconstruct Data Manager and select one or many files
- On the upper right corner of the Data Manager page, click on the “Upload to BIM 360” icon (folder symbol with an upwards arrow)
- Select the BIM 360 Docs folder of your BIM 360 project where the selected files shall be uploaded.
TIP 1: if a new folder in BIM 360 Docs has to be created as a destination for the selected files, you can simply create a new folder from this interface.
TIP 2: if you upload point cloud data from Reconstruct to BIM 360, an interface will appear that allows you to select which files shall be transferred as Reconstruct provides besides the actual point cloud file also a mesh and orthophoto files. Select the files you want to transfer and click NEXT.
- Initiate the file transfer.
NOTE: you can navigate away from the Data Manager and continue to use Reconstruct while the file transfer is ongoing until complete.