Reconstruct supports multiple workflows that cater to different users in the construction process. This article explains how to use the tools and features in Reconstruct cloud-based platform to update the status of your project and get dynamic progress reports. This workflow enables users to:
- View the schedule from anywhere
- Breakdown master schedule activities into sub-tasks to generate lookahead schedules
- Update the status of all activities in the master schedule and lookahead using Reconstruct Reporter App
- Capture images, comments, and rootcauses for delay for each activity in the schedule
- Generate dynamic reports to summarize project progress
What You Need
To get started with this workflow you need the following:
- Construction schedule (P6, MS Project, or Asta Power)
- iOS Device (iPhone or iPad)
You should follow the steps below to get started with this workflow:
Step #1: Login to Reconstruct on your computer
If this is your first time to use Reconstruct, then you will need to create an account, login, and go to the Data Manager. It is important to do this step on a computer using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
Step #2: Upload a schedule of your project
Step #3: Breakdown master schedule activities to create lookahead
Once you schedules are uploaded and published in Reconstruct, you can use our interface to breakdown master schedule activities to create lookahead tasks.
Step #4: Download and install Reconstruct Reporter app on your iOS device
Click here to download Reconstruct Reporter App from the Appstore. Once the app is installed on your iOS device, use your Reconstruct username and password to login to the app.
Step #5: Update the status of your activities
You can use Reconstruct Reporter App to update the status of your activities and tasks very easily. You can also upload images, add comments, and rootcauses. Watch this video to learn more.
Step #6: Receive Progress Reports
Once you update the status of your tasks and activities, Reconstruct will automatically generate progress reports for you project and send them to you via email.